Panasonic released version 2.5 of the GH4 firmware. Here’s the release notes. A few look interesting, which I bolded and added my thoughts in italics.
- [Post Focus] is added. This function enables users to set the focus point after shooting and save as a separate photo. Shoots a 4K video clip while racking focus, you select the best shot to output as a still.
- Three 4K PHOTO modes: [4K Burst] [4K Burst Start/Stop] [4K Pre-Burst] are added to help users capture the unmissable moments and users can choose a best shot with easy, intuitive touch-control operation after shooting. Shooting stills before pressing the shutter. Obviously resolution is capped at 4K.
- External flash can be used in burst shooting.
* DMW-FL580L, DMW-FL360L only.
- Free 100GB storage on Google Drive is offered to LUMIX GH4 users (2 years)*. It can be used for photo/video data saving and accessed through multiple devices such as camera, PC, smartphone/tablet. I like free storage.
* Users need to register to LUMIX CLUB to get the ID in advance and activate the account service by 30 September 2016.
- [AF-ON] function can be uesd during video recording. Assuming a focus improvement while recording video.
- The accuracy of digital red eye correction in the RAW development is improved.
- The time lag of stop signal transmission through HDMI is adjusted to make the length of the recorded contents same either on the SD Memory Card or on the external recorder via HDMI.