Editing for Bots High, my first feature length documentary, is done! Picture is locked, music is getting wrapped up and sound design has started.
I’m working on a variety of posts to cover what I learned, both on higher, editing theory level, and detailed, technical how-to like working with XML files.
Here’s a rundown of the workflow, and the upcoming posts will go more into detail on one or more areas:
- Finished filming mostly in April, with some extra interviews in May.
- Had about 100 hours of footage that needed to be logged into a database and reviewed.
- Reviewed all the footage in about six weeks with everything logged into a FileMaker Pro database
- Editing from June to September. About 40 different cuts and a few test screenings throughout.
- Fine tuned the edit to mid-October and got most of the graphics finalized.
- Write blog posts on everything I should have been writing about during the process.
So here we are. Stay tuned.